Upload a Photo | NJ Business Brand Photography
I recently did a Linkedin 30 day challenge that kicked my bum into finally working on my Linkedin profile. It was an amazing exercise that really motivated me to dig deeper into the Linkedin platform.
As I was updating and tweaking my own profile, I couldn't help but look at the profile pics that others chose to represent themselves and their businesses on this popular professional online network. It was surprising and not often in a good way. There were wedding photos, selfies, pet photos, blurry photos - so many images that did NOT make a good impression.
As a photographer, I understand that I might have a higher standard. But I am also an entrepreneur and know the importance of having a strong profile photo. Your avatar should give the impression that you are competent, trustworthy and likable. It is your virtual handshake. It helps people know what kind of person you are. It is your first opportunity to convince viewers to scroll or click for more information.
Next time, you see the words "Upload A Photo", consider these things when you decide which picture you want to represent you:
- Forget the family, the dog, your logo. Pick an image just of YOU in an uncluttered background. Make sure the image is a close up, tighter crop. People want to see your face.
- Please make sure it is in focus. Nothing says amateur like a blurry photo.
- Smile. A warm, friendly grin will attract people. Beware of the smirk which can repel.
- Make an effort with your hair, makeup and styling. You need to look professional and polished. Consider this like a first date. Look your best!
- Hire an actual photographer who has a real camera to create a professional image. You will see a difference. Your audience will see the difference. This will legitimize your brand and business.
If you have been suffering from photo shame and feel like your business image doesn't match your passion and expertise, I can help you. I work with an amazing team and we've created the GET GORGEOUS photography event that offers an all-inclusive hair, beauty, styling and photography package. We take care of you so that you can put your best face forward. We plan this event only 5 times a year and they sell out quickly. If you are interested in our next one on September 30, click HERE to sign up.
Don't underestimate the power of a photo. It should help you stand out and connect with your ideal client. But most importantly, you photo should make you feel confident and excited about your business.