Monday's are tough! We're still in weekend mode but our list is long with things to do. Let's help each other make the transition a little bit easier. On Mondays, I will share a tip or trick I use to help me ease into the week. Hope it inspires you to take action and jumpstart into your day.
Today let's talk about BURN OUT. That state of mind when we feel overworked, overwhelmed and overdone. When we lose the spark and love for what we do because we have taken too much on our plate. It can fee like a black hole, sucking the life out of us. We are exhausted, frustrated and unhappy. If we are in it, how do we get out it and rebound? And how do we prevent it from happening again?
Here are my five tips for avoiding burn out :
1) Connection. Give yourself a dose of person to person connection. Schedule a coffee date with your biz bestie or a Zoom chat with friend. Find the time to have conversation and talk out the stress. We need to take a break from the screen time and plug in time with real people. This will help us stay sane.
2) Creativity. Get out of your rut by getting creative. This will help your brain unlock and think in a new and different way. It could be as simple as cooking a new recipe or writing in your journal. Or maybe sign up for a paint and sip with friends? You don't need to be creative to be creative. The point is to challenge yourself to try something new and it may inspire you to think in an innovative way.
3) Move. Exercise is my go-to when I am feeling stuck. Working out my body and sweating it out always does wonders for my mind. I gain clarity. My body feels more fluid. So get up and run or walk or spin or stretch.
4) Sleep. I am not a napper but I know if I am stressed to the max, a good night's sleep will help immensely. Take a break and get some zzzzzs. Sleep will not only help your productivity, but the rest will help you look and feel fresher.
5) Quiet Time. Unplug yourself. Detach and spend some quality quiet time with yourself. Everyone needs a breather. You can try reading, meditating, journaling or just a walk around the block. This peace and quiet will re-energize you. I don't do this often but when I do, it's a game-changer.
Hope these tips help! And if you have any strategies that work wonders for you, please share in the comments. I am often at the brink of burnout, so would love to learn a new trick or two.