10 things you might not know about me | NJ portrait photographer
1) I can parallel park like nobody's business. Most likely learned from my days living and having a car in NYC, I can still impress my husband with this skill.
2) I have lived in 7 states all across the country including NY, MI, MA, CA, CO, FL and now NJ. I still think there are a few more moves left in our journey.
3) I love to travel and would take a stamp in my passport over a designer bag or shoes any day.
4) I am addicted to coffee. Extra hot and preferably hazelnut. Just talking about it is making me crave a cup.
5) I still get nervous when I speak in front of a group. I do public speaking more now then I ever did, but I still get a dose of nerves.
6) I am a purging master. New things come into the house and old things come out. I just don't like too much stuff. And watch out if I get into a purging mood, just ask my family.
7) I am a learning addict. I have probably signed up for every free webinar or PDF offer. I just really love to learn and grow, especially if it is business oriented.
8) I hate tardiness. If I have to wait longer then 15 minutes, I am not a happy camper.
9) I am an eternal entrepreneur. Before mikifoto, I have had two other businesses including a handbag line designed from vintage Indian saris (Asiatic) and a children's appliqué t-shirt line (Kid Guru). What will be next?
10) I began my photography business about 7 years ago. It all started because I was feeling lonely and disconnected from my family who lived on the opposite coast. I had two young boys and it would break my heart that no one would truly know who they were. I started to take storytelling photos so my relatives could see how they laughed, what they were interested in and how they interacted as brothers. Photography helped me feel connected and became my life line. Now I am lucky enough to celebrate and capture other people's stories as well.
Hope this gives you a bit more insight into the person behind the lens!
Photo credit : lot 116