Podcasts. Do you listen to them? Do you know what they are?
This is my recent new addiction. Podcasts are audio programs that you can download from the Internet. There are a wide variety of topics available from business to politics to cooking to design and more. You can listen on your computer, on your phone, on your iPad, AppleTV or in your car. And they are FREE! You just have to subscribe and you can do that easily on iTunes.
My discovery of podcasts has really helped me feel more productive and inspired in business and everyday life. Now when I am waiting or chauffeuring my boys around town, I can pop on a quick podcast and learn something new. I have even started taking more summer walks so I can take a break from the computer, be outdoors and listen. It feeds my brain. Before I would get frustrated being stuck in the car or in front of my screen but now, I look forward to the listening time.
I encourage you to give it a try. Here is a list of my current favorite podcasts:
1) The Lively Show. Jess Lively covers topics from personal habits, career and style while also featuring guest interviews. All designed to uplift, inspire, or help you add a little extra intention to your everyday. I always learn something new or hear a new perspective.
2) Being Boss. Podcast for creative entrepreneurs hosted by Kathleen Shannon and Emily Thompson. Through interviews and honest sharing, these ladies help you get your business together and start acting like a #boss. Real stories about balancing work and life with all the messiness that comes along with it.
3) Biz Chix. Hosted by Natalie Eckdahl, she interviews amazing women entrepreneurs, and a few cool dudes, five days a week. Each entrepreneur shares work life balance and productivity tips as well as their journey. Natalie is a true professional and you will leave feeling like you just took a university business course.
4) After The Jump. Through a series of interviews with designers, store owners and up-and-coming members of the creative community, host - Grace Bonney delves deep into the world of independent artists. From exploring the day-to-day lives of contemporary makers to discussing the challenges they face, After the Jump takes the conversation off the screen and into real life. I LOVE this one because of the diversity of talent she shares.
5) The Simple Show. Tsh Oxenreider—entrepreneur and author - talks shop with some of her favorite people about simple living. Not only getting rid of your stuff—it’s about living holistically with your life’s purpose. Topics covered include food, travel, writing, books, parenting, work, fashion, and everything in between. For us busy moms, this is a fun one to keep us centered and living with purpose.
Tell me - what podcasts are you loving right now? Email me at email@example.com or reply in the comments. I want to hear from you and expand my list.
If you are interested in connecting and seeing what I am up to on a daily basis, jump over and find me here on Instagram.